I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers, and it was not there; in her fertile fields and boundless prairies, and it was not there; in her rich mines and her vast world commerce, and it was not there. Not until I went to the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”

- de Tocqueville 1831































Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Chrismas Poem (Don't Worry it's from my Daughter)

Their  are some things I do well,  some things I do OK at and some things that............let's just say I'm grateful  to my daughter for her love of Christmas and her talent with the written word. 

If I do not write again before the "great holiday" I leave you with this poem from her and wish everyone a very merry Christmas.




A Christmas Poem (a little early, mayhaps?)



Silver bells ring with music so clear,

Across the country for all to hear,

And as their music plays so comes the snow,

The clouds gray compared to the white below.



Silver snow as the moon shines to the ground,

Silver snow falling without a sound,

And in the silver is the gold,

Rich with love and with courage, bold.



Silver ring the bells and silver snow falls,

And the cheer of winter ever calls.

December is the best month of the year,

Whether there or whether here.



Some have snow and some have none,

Some have holidays but that's only some,

I welcome winter with its cheer,

It's the best time of the year.



Christmas, Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah all,

From greatest great or smallest small,

Somehow there's a feeling in the air,

That makes everyone want to share.



Smiles to strangers and hugs to friends,

Kisses under mistletoe; traditions never end,

Lord's birth or just giving,

This shows life is worth living.

1 comment:

goddessdivine said...

How precious! I love that your daughter writes poetry.....for enjoyment. ;-)

Merry Christmas rocslinger!