I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers, and it was not there; in her fertile fields and boundless prairies, and it was not there; in her rich mines and her vast world commerce, and it was not there. Not until I went to the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”

- de Tocqueville 1831































Friday, June 4, 2010

Strange

While reading the blogs I follow,  I started reading my wife's blog and did a double take.  I felt as though I had somehow flown through a black hole into an alternate reality.  A reality that had my wife writing the political junk which would inversely mean that I do the personal interest writing.  Come to think of it, just recently, I did write about my childhood.  Hmm; if I start posting recipes, please send for help. 

To be fair, my wife has written political posts before but it has been a long time.  Anyway it's a good post and I urge all of you to click on the link below and read it.  It saves me from having to comment on the described incident.
getting-bad-rap

6 comments:

Nightdragon said...

Your wife did well. That was a great entry and I totally agree with her.

My own wife has her own blog in which she sometimes get political. I agree with her about 90% of the time!

rocslinger said...

That's about the percentage of agreement between my wife and I. It's been 16 years of training her to get to that 90%. I figure at this rate of conversion I think I will hear her tell me I'm absolutly right while on my death bed unless I die from unnatural causes, like say a knife in the back.

Audra said...

Do you even know any recipes? I will be the first one there to rescue you when you start posting recipes!!! AGH!!!!

Kerri said...

If you guys were right all the time, you'd agree with us more often!

Nightdragon said...

LOL. Yeah, when I first met my wife, the percentage of things I agreed with her on was about 70 percent! I've worked hard over 12 years to boost that up by 20 percent!

My wife, though, surmised that guns should be banned immediately after hearing about the Cumbria massacre. She went into her spiel and then said, "so they should be banned. Don't you agree?" I just gave her one of my trademark looks that clearly says, what have you been taking? and said, "Er, NO!" I've got to try to turn her around on this subject. She finally admits that the death penalty is justified in certain situations (she was a solid capital punishment opponent previously), so perhaps there's hope.

rocslinger said...

Audra, I'll have you know that I know several recipes!!! All of them include the phrase "lift corner of cover to vent".

Knowing what you now know, do you think the world is safe....from me at any rate.